PIROI (Plateforme d’Intervention Régionale de l’Océan Indien) with the coordination of International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) was seeking to organise a training on emergency response to reinforce their intervention teams. These teams need to be prepared to be deployed during an emergency in south-west Indic Ocean.
Experts in humanitarian deployment and emergency assistance of Relief Applications conducted an 8 days training with volunteers and staff members of 4 Red Cross / Red Crescent National Societies participants (Madagascar, Seychelles, Comoros, Mauritius and La Réunion + Mayotte) on Emergency Need Assessment, from planification to the deployment and work in the field during an emergency response.
The training included lessons and workshops to help the participants to auto-evaluate and update their practices including:
- Standards of aid distribution
- Sensibilisation during emergencies
- Targeting an selection of beneficiaries
- Evaluations pre-distribution
- Logistics most common issues during a distribution
- Complaints management during the distribution