ABOUT THIS JOB
At Relief Applications you will join a multinational team. You will be part of the innovation task force, imagining and creating cutting edge solutions to change how we help those affected by disasters.
Relief Applications is looking for an enthusiastic developer with project management skills to join our growing development team. If you want to make a difference in the world and have excellent programming skills combined with a passion for following a project throughout its cycle, then we are looking for you!
You will have a high degree of responsibility and ownership over the development of existing projects and new features to improve and enhance in mission-critical software applications.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for front and back-end best practises, scalable architecture and quality user experiences. In this role, you must be self-motivated, able to work both independently and closely with your team, coordinate and assign tasks in conjunction with the tech lead.
- Master’s / Bachelor’s Degree in engineering Studies (with an IT focus) or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years work experience as IT developer
- Good English, written and spoken
- Have a passion for coding
- We value flexibility and passion), proactive and easy going
- Project management
- Team management
- Database creation, integration, and management
- Object Oriented Programming fundamentals and server-side programming languages
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
IT WILL BE NICE IF YOU HAVE
- Knowledge Django or Angular
- Cross platform mobile design
- Ensure the technical management of selected Relief Applications projects.
- Developing new features while incorporating feedback from team members and clients
- Manage workflow and maintain deadlines of simultaneous projects
- Build functionality according client/user needs, integrating open source and/or pre-built code into existing code base.
- Maintaining and upgrading legacy components to modern development standards
- Write and/or integrate with third party APIs coordinating team members during design reviews to refine user experience
- Enhance and promote knowledge exchange and support among internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use